Looking for wheelchair-accessible ramps in Hatteras Village? Look no further because these public beach access points and private ramp homes may be perfect for you.
1. End Of Hatteras
The access point across from the Graveyard of the Atlantic Museum is wheelchair accessible. There is a parking lot and sitting area at the end of the walkway and no steps to go down to get access to the beach. This is the only one with public parking in this list.
2. Tunnel of Trees
Public Beach Access is hidden between two large homes and a tunnel of trees near 58069 S Beach Ct, Hatteras NC 27953. Please note there is no public parking here.
Beach Haven #638 is near this ramp and the rental is wheelchair friendly but it also has its own ramp as well.
3. Gray Eagle Memorial Walk Wheelchair Accessible Ramp in Hatteras
Similar to the last one this path has no official public parking. There are no steps along this path and the ramp can take Guests out past the first dunes before hitting the sand. However, it is important to note that the pathway here is narrow and the ramp doesn’t go as close to the water.
4. Lighthouse Road Wheelchair Accessible Ramp
There are several beach access ramps that have boardwalks to take Guests as close to the shore as possible before turning into a sand walkway. There is no public parking.
5. Wheelchair Accessible Homes in Hatteras
Oceanfront homes in this category typically include their own handicap-friendly access
- Beach Haven #638 – 8 Beds | Private Pool | Hot Tub | Oceanfront | Private Wheelchair Accessible in Ramp
- SueB Station #130 – 4 Bed | Pet Friendly | Oceanside
- Casa Caribe #951 – 6 Beds | Mini Theatre | Private Pool | Hot Tub | Oceanside
- Sea Glass Dreams #711 – 7 Beds | Community Pool | Hot Tub | Pet Friendly | Oceanside
- 2 for 1 #933 – 7 Bed | Private Pool | Hot Tub | Soundfront
- Durant Station Condos – Several Units | Oceanfront | Private Wheelchair Accessible Ramp