Cycles are a part of many aspects of life whether they are cycles in nature, financial market cycles, or personal life cycles. Here on Hatteras Island, we also see patterns associated with the length of time between the purchase of a property and its subsequent sale. These time frames are usually governed by changing personal usage of a property, children growing up and moving away, and ups and downs in the many aspects of our individual lives.
I recently did an analysis of the deed records for a representative sample of the homes that were sold on the Island last year in an attempt to see how long property owners usually hold on to their homes before selling. As you might expect, there was a lot of variation in the holding periods, but the average turned out to be about 10 years with around half of the sample being below 10 years and half being above.
Where do you see yourself in relation to this pattern? When the time comes for you to sell the cottage or lot that you own, you will want the security of working with real estate professionals who understand your needs and care about your preferences. These are just a few of the reasons that Homeowners have selected Outer Beaches to market their properties.
- We are an established real estate company on the Island with three attractive offices in Waves, Avon, and Hatteras Village. Very often prospective buyers end up purchasing in a location other than their initial preference. Wherever they decide to buy, we have a full-service office available to meet their needs.
- Our Sales Team consists of full-time, well-trained, professional real estate brokers.
- Our marketing plan is custom designed for your property for maximum exposure and effectiveness
- Each year Outer Beaches Realty generates approximately 10,000 rental reservations which translates into about 100,000 people who walk through our doors. This is a valuable source of prospective buyers for the homes that we list for sale.
- Outer Beaches cares about its Homeowners and makes every effort to assist them to maximize the return on their investments. You could certainly expect the same high level of service that you have experienced with our property management program to carry over to the sales side of the company.
If you or someone you know has a cottage or lot that you are interested in selling, take the first step and contact the Outer Beaches Sales Team for a no cost/no obligation probable sale price evaluation of your property. The Sales Team may be reached by phone at 866.627.6627, by email at [email protected] or through our Contact Us page. We will be happy to assist you in every way possible.
-Tom Hranicka, Sales Manager