About Hatteras NC
The best fishing on the East Coast can be found on Hatteras Island in the southernmost community, Hatteras Village. Youll find numerous charter boats that offer abundant sport fishing in the Pamlico Sound or the Gulf Stream of the Atlantic Ocean only 15 miles away.
Hatteras NC Weather
Browse Vacation Planning Information for Hatteras, NC
- Downtown Village
- Easy Beach Access
Best of Hatteras on the Outer Banks
- Hatteras & Ocracoke Ferry Docks
- Graveyard of the Atlantic Museum
- Hatteras Island Ocean Center
Learn More About Traveling to Hatteras
Need directions? Find your way from any area here. Directions to the Hatteras Office: As you leave Nags Head, this office is located 25.7 miles South of the traffic light at the intersection of the US 158 Bypass and Highway 12 South at Whalebone Junction. The office is located on the east side of Highway 12, just north of the United States Post Office in Hatteras. The Hatteras Office is located between mile markers 41 and 42.
Frequently Asked Questions About Hatteras
Red and White Village grocery located in the heart of Hatteras.
Visit Vicky for fresh seafood and local recipes at harbor house.
Also, there is a farmer's stand Sticky Bottom Produce Company. (Across from the Lee Robinson General Store)
- Nature walks and fun exhibits inside
- Enjoy a scoop at the Happy Belly ice cream shop located at the center
3. Hatteras Island Horseback Riding
4. Parasailing and Jet Ski rentals at oden's dock
2. Join the local fire department for a Saturday Night fish Fry
3. Enjoy a free concert at village landings (Thursday and Friday nights)
4. Buy a piece of Hatteras Island from a local artist (Sea worthy gallery, blue pelican gallery)
5. Visit Lee Robinson's General Store
6. Reserve a fishing trip at Oden's Dock
- Hatteras Sol
- The Dancing Turtle
- Ferry Bites
- The Wreck
- Harbor Deli
- Kat's Deli
- Scratch made snackery
Hatteras Map - Explore the Outer Banks
More about Hatteras Village
Don’t worry if you dont have a boat catch some of the best fish straight from the beach. Stop by the local marina late in the afternoon to see the day's catch displayed along the docks, including dolphin, wahoo, tuna and king mackerel. Billfish such as blue marlin, white marlin, and sailfish are normally tagged and released. Hatteras Village is home to many local restaurants. If fishing isnt your forte, water activities are unlimited. Swim, canoe, windsurf and more right on the Pamlico Sound. At the southern end of Highway 12, Guests can visit the Graveyard of the Atlantic Museum or take the free ferry to Ocracoke for a day trip. With popular world-renowned fishing and other activities and the small community charm, Hatteras Village is the perfect escape.