Cottages vary in amenities, decor, furnishings, etc. All cottages, at a minimum, provide the following for at least the maximum occupancy: blankets, pillows, mattress pads, bedspreads, vacuum cleaner, plunger, mop, broom and dust pan.
All homes will also be supplied with many of the basic necessities to get your vacation started. Every rental home comes with a starter supply of the following items: toilet paper and liquid hand soap in each bathroom, trash can liners and large capacity garbage bag, dishwasher and dishwashing detergents, paper towels, laundry detergent, stationary and pen. Depending upon the size of your group, usage, and the length of your stay, you may need to supplement some of these items throughout the course of your stay.
You will need to supply the following:
- Bath towels (unless “Towels Provided” amenity)
- Bed linens (unless “Beds Made” amenity)
- Food and condiments; kitchen towels
- Personal toiletries
- Baby equipment (if not specified in rental description for the home you are renting)
- Cleaning supplies
- Any specialty cooking items you may need
- Cash or traveler’s checks (personal checks and credit cards may not be accepted at all businesses)
- Beach and fishing equipment
- Alarm clock, if you need one
Numerous other rental items are available from local businesses such as Ocean Atlantic Rentals.
Ocean Atlantic Rentals has been renting everything for your vacation since 1979. Conveniently located next to Outer Beaches Realty in Avon, Ocean Atalntic Rentals delivers to all of Hatteras Island. From bikes, surfboards and kayaks to a variety of baby supplies and party rentals; Ocean Atlantic Rentals has all of your vacation supply rental needs covered.